The Town of Caledon was established on January 1, 1974 in conjunction with the creation of regional government. Surveyed in 1818-1819, the townships of Albion, Caledon and Chinguacousy were opened for settlement in 1820. Albion Township comprised eleven concessions laid out west to east.
Some Interesting Facts about CALEDON:
Caledon comprises 9 townships: Alton, Bolton, Caledon East, Caledon Village, Belfountain, Cheltenham, Inglewood, Palgrave and Terra Cotta. Caledon reaches the southern Headwater tourism area and it covers 700 square kilometers. Caledon offers some of the best hiking trails in southern Ontario.