When you have an insect issue in your home or office, you need help. But choosing a contractor can be confusing. How do you know that you’re receiving the best in professional pest control and hiring someone who can accurately identify the problem and provide the right treatment? Look for the most qualified – an Associate Certified Entomologist (ACE). Through experience and education, an ACE is uniquely trained to assess pests and has the knowledge to select and apply the most effective control regimen. At AR Pest Control, we are very proud that our Lead Technician – Shamus Breau has been certified as an Associate Certified Entomologist-International (ACE-I).
Successful pest control requires an understanding of entomology, the study of insects. What affects one insect may have no effect on another, even when the insects appear similar. Only a professional knowledgeable in the field can provide the right treatment that works for one pest or for a range of pests.
Managed by the Entomological Society of America (ESA) and endorsed by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), the ACE and ACE-I programs certify professionals specifically for the pest management industry. An ACE is
- Before attaining the ACE-I, a professional must have at least 5 years’ experience in the pest control field and hold a current pesticide applicator’s license
- An ACE has extensive knowledge of pest identification, classification, and biology, as well as a complete understanding of pesticide concepts, safety, and regulations. The ACE must pass a rigorous examination created by the largest insect-science program in the world.
- Up to Date.An ACE maintains the accreditation through yearly continuing education to remain current in all aspects of the pest control industry.
- All ACE candidates must promise to abide by the ACE Code of Ethics.
- By undertaking certification, the ACE shows a dedication to the profession and to providing the highest quality service.
The ACE program has become the benchmark for professionalism in the pest management industry.
When choosing a pest control service, ask for an Associate Certified Entomologist at AR PEST CONTROL call for a free no obligation quotation call for Andrew at 647-327-7378