We are entering the warm embrace of the summer. Summer isn’t always just sunshine’s and rainbows; along with summer comes the increased activity of unwanted pests and the need for Pest Control Mississauga across of the Greater Toronto Area. One particular group of pests with the capability of creating fear and dread in the eyes of most people are WASPS, BEES and HONETS as they’ve become highly active during the summer time.
How to Identify WASPS?
Wasps tend to a have black brownish appearance with distinctive yellow markings across their bodies and a stinger at the end of its abdomen. Adult wasps can grow up to 20 mm long and unlike bees, these mean machines can sting multiple times during an attack. Wasps can be social or solitary insects but both types can be quite the handful to deal with. The most common types of Wasps found within Toronto and surrounding areas (such as Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton, etc.) are Yellow Jackets, Paper Wasps and Mud Wasps. Most Common Wasp Nests Found in Mississauga and in the GTA
Wasps, Bees, and Hornets are more common than we think, and they are usually found in Mississauga and across the GTA. The most common types of Wasps we find in Mississauga and around the GTA include Yellowjackets, Hornets, Paper Wasps, and Mud Dauber Wasps:
Yellowjackets in Mississauga and in the GTA
- Size: 0.5 inches
Color: Normally bright yellow
- Howe to Identify Yellowjacket: Yellowjackets often look more like bees than wasps; however, they are much different than bees. Not only they are smaller and faster, but Yellowjackets don’t carry pollen. They mostly scavenge for meat and sugar and that’s why one often encounters them when eating outdoors.
- Yellowjackets Behavior: In terms of aggressiveness, yellowjackets are very aggressive and they can sting repeatedly. It’s not normally as painful as a hornet sting, but it may cause some swelling that may last for several days.
- How to identify Yellowjackets Nest: Nests will be smaller in size, somewhere between a golf ball and a baseball.
- Where to find Yellowjackets Nest: Yellowjackets nests are most commonly found around sheds, garages, attic,s or a wall void.
Hornets in Mississauga and in the GTA
- Size: 2 inches
- Color: Normally black and yellow, but they can also be black and white
- How to identify Hornets: Hornets are the largest wasp species and can look a lot like yellowjackets.
- Hornets Behaviors: Even though Hornets are much bigger in size, they are less aggressive than Yellowjackets. However, one should be more careful around Hornets as their stings are much stronger and painful plus Hornets are capable of stinging multiple times.
- How to identify Hornets Nests: Nests are much larger, and they can be size of a basketball.
- Where to Find Hornets Nests: One typically finds Hornets Nests attached to side of building.
Paper Wasps in Mississauga and in the GTA
- Size: 0.75 inches
- Color: Reddish brown or black with yellow or orange bands
- How to identify Paper Wasps: There are many paper wasp’s species found in Mississauga and across the GTA. Sometimes people mistaken them for hornets.
- Hornets Behaviors: Paper wasps don’t tend to be very aggressive, and they normally only sting when their nests are threatened.
- How to Identify Paper Wasps Nests:Their nests can be quite large reaching a width of 6-8 inches.
- Where to Find Hornets Nests:Paper Wasps most commonly create nests on fences, tree branches, windows and door frames.
Mud Dauber Wasps in Mississauga and in the GTA
- Size: 1 inch
- Color: Brown or black with yellow bands
- How to identify Mud Dauber Wasps: Rather distinct looking, the mud dauber wasps are quite common in parks and homes in Mississauga and across the GTA.
- Mud Dauber Wasps Behaviors: Mud daubers wasps are normally not aggressive, and they typically don’t sting. However, they can become belligerent when threatened.
- How to identify Mud Dauber Wasp Nests:As the word suggests; Mud Dauber Wasps build their nests using mud.Their nests are in the shape of a cylindrical tube resembling an organ pipe or pan flute.
- Where to Find Hornets Nests:Mud Dauber Wasps typically creates their nests on the ground.
If you are having trouble identifying the nest or unable to located it, give AR Pest Control a call for an onsite inspection. An onsite inspection can not only help identify the location and type of nest, but also help identify potential entry/access points.
Why Wasp Nest Removal/Control?
First and foremost, Wasps are unwanted visitors. When a wasp is nesting in your garage or shed it prevents you from getting the things you need done in fear of being stung. Also, in cases where a wasp nest is up against your attic or window, there’s a high chance they might also make their way into living quarters. A swarm of hostile Wasps inside your house is the last thing you need.
Secondly, Wasps are very territorial insects. If you approach the nest without caution they most likely will attack even if unprovoked!
Lastly, Wasps can be dangerous and some cases even lethal. When you get stung by a Wasp their stinger injects a small amount of venom into your body and as mentioned before, a Wasp is more than capable of stinging multiple times. Most people might experience some initial pain followed by swelling and itchiness around the stung area. Luckily, the swelling can help to be reduced by applying some ice. However, for people who are allergic to Wasps, depending on the severity of their allergy someone might experience severe swelling/nausea or even go into anaphylactic shock. When in anaphylactic shock, your immune system releases a flood of chemicals causing your body to go into shock; airways tighten, pulse drops and your tongue swells up blocking your breathing.
How to Remove/Control Wasp Nest?
When dealing with a large infestation or an active wasp nest the best thing to do is call a licenced professional. Licenced pest exterminators not only have the required knowledge and expertise to treat Wasp Nests, but they also required equipment to effectively remove wasps.
How NOT to Remove/treat A Wasp Nest?
What most people like to do is hit down the nest or grab a can of Raid from their local department store and blindly spraying down the nest. These ways of treating Wasp Nests are not very effective. Not only they are ineffective, but it’s a recipe for disaster. The last thing you want is a nest of angry Wasps around your home and family.
Cost of Wasp Nest Removal/Control in Mississauga and across the GTA
The cost for treatment varies based on a case-by-case situation. There are a few factors that need to be taken into account before we can provide you with an accurate quote, such as the location of the nests and or height of the nest. For the reasons explained above we invite you to request a free quote at https://arpestcontrol.ca/contact/
You can also call us for a free consultation and estimate at 416-432-2900 or toll-free (855) 670-7378 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Turning to your Trusted Wasp Nest Removal Specialists in Mississauga and across the GTA
AR Pest Control has licensed Pest Exterminators that can not only identify Wasp harbourage areas, but AR Pest Control Wasps Nest Removal Mississauga experts can either treat and or remove the nests. Please DO NOT attempt to remove a Wasps Nest on your own as it can be dangerous..
AR Pest Control Wasps Nest Removal Coverage Area:
We at AR Pest Control recognize that everybody needs a good night’s sleep and we can eliminate those sleepless nights with proven solutions throughout Mississauga, Brampton and across all of GTA for Wasp Nest removal. Click Here https://arpestcontrol.ca/coverage-area/for our complete coverage area.